USCIS To Issue 2-year Employment Authorization Documents EAD/Work Permits for Green Card Applicants

Starting June 30, 2008, the USCIS will begin to issue work permits (EAD Cards) valid for 2 years to certain green card adjustment of status (I-485) applicants. To qualify for the two-year employment authorization card, green card applicants have to show that they have filed an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485), and filed an I-765 application for employment authorization, but are not able to become Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) because an immigration visa number is not currently available. [Read the entire memo announcing 2-year work authorizations].