A May 30, 2008 memorandum by USCIS provides directives for the following:
- Revocation of approved PERM labor certification petitions;
- Validity period for approved labor certifications and PERM;
- Impact of labor certification validity periods on H-1B visa extension requests;
- H-1B visa extensions for aliens with I-140 petitions who are subject to the per country visa limitations in the backlogged employment-based visa preferences;
- Concurrent employment requests for H-1B cap-exempt aliens;
- Change of employers by H-1B aliens who report LCA violations;
- I-140 portability for aliens who change employers; and
- H-1B visa portability.
This very detailed memorandum provides extensive guidance on PERM labor certifications, H-1B visa extensions as well as I-140/I-485 portability for those changing employers. [Read the entire memorandum].